Friday, August 26, 2011

Sleep Training

Today, for the first time, I got angry with Fox. I have been annoyed with him and frustrated a ton of times, but this was for real mad. I tell him constantly not to touch the garbage can, and he knows he is not suppose to. But today, he was over there and I thought he was getting the broom (favorite toy) when he was actually eating tic tacs out of the trash can! So I grabbed him, took him to the bathroom, and furiously washed his hands. When we got back into the kitchen Tyler said, "Is Fox having a time out?" And that is when I realized my baby is a toddler. 
So in honor of this discovery I thought I would post a journal entry from a few months ago. 

May 3, 2011
I was rocking fox to sleep tonight. Remembering to cherish these moments. Someday I will rock his baby and look back at tonight like it was yesterday. The way he lays his head on my right shoulder when he is ready to fall asleep. Kissing his sweet little cheek. Hearing his little sighs as he calms down. The weight of him on my chest. His feet only reach my waist when he cuddles up with his head on my shoulders. Nigh-nigh music and blue blankie. Blonde hair baby boy. Soft hair against my cheek while his head rests on my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment