Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Five-Year-Old Princess Pajama Party and a Much Overdue Update on Tyler Elizabeth Dunne



We had 12 little girls running around our house playing, eating pancakes and watching The Little Mermaid. Basically Tyler's dream. She love love loves to play with friends and eat pancakes and to watch shows. Yep, those are her favorite things. 
She also really loves:
  •   Jesus. It is amazing to watch her learn more and more about who God is and how His world works. She prays sincere and beautiful prayers. Apparently your moral compass is set by age five (or was it 12 (how could anyone really know?)) I started to panic about this when I thought about it the other night, but, actually, I think her moral compass is a pretty good one. She has a solid understanding of our total depravity and of God's all sufficient grace which is though Christ Jesus. That seems like the place to start to me.
  • Evangeline. She says, "Hi, baby girl!" and then goes onto sing songs about her love for her sister and how she never needs to worry and things like this about 7 out of 10 times that she sees her. (Song example: "All the love that comes from my heart goes out to you")  She often holds her for me so that I can cut bagels in half or find Fox's other shoe. She also picks her up when Evie is happily playing on the floor and carries her around until they are both sort of stressed out and then I have to stop what I am doing and take the baby before Tyler drops her. Less cute.  
  • Pretending to meet fictional characters such as Tinkerbell, Spiderman and his amazing friends, Harry Potter. I am all of these fictional characters. 
  • She is so social and told me the other day that she would like to just play at a friend's house all of the time except for when she goes to school. But then she changed her mind when I reminded her that she wouldn't be able to see her mom and dad very often. Also I am not very social, so it makes me sort of feel like I am dying inside when I have to figure out how she can see people nearly everyday, but it's worth it. 
  • She really loves us.
  • Fox. They fight like squirrels especially when I am trying to put Evie down for a nap, but she really does love him. Sometimes she'll look at me and say,"He is so cute!" 
  • She wants to be a paint artist and a mom when she grows up. Sadly, no more crane operator Tyler.
  • Her favorite colors are pink, gold, and silver.
  • Side note: When she wants us to think "Oh, you are sooo cute" she makes these crazy I'm-a-tiny-newborn faces, but she ends up looking like a crazy newborn dinosaur. I'm not sure what to do about that. 








Party Aftermath 







No comments:

Post a Comment